Full Install

From: Psarras Nikos <psarnik_at_aetos.it.teithe.gr>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 04:02:18 +0200

  Salut,

  First off all i want to apologize for my very "bad" english.

  We are planning to fully install Digital Unix v4.0E (for the first
time in our lifes) on a mashine which is now runing osf1 v3.2. The
system must work every day 24 hours a day. I have some questions to ask :

1) Can we keep both versions of os, so if something goes wrong to be able
to boot the old os from the old hard disk? (We have a brand new hard disk
which we are planning to install the new os on it).

2) We must do a firmware update before installing the new os. In case
everything goes wrong with the new instalation, will we be able to boot
the system with the old os? (We will have the firmware updated but the os
will be the same).

3) If all these questions i made are faqs i am totaly sorry.

Thanks for listening.

salaGatoR.