SUMMARY: ASDU - Trusted domain

From: Tina Stevnhoved <tsd_at_dmt.sonofon.dk>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 13:32:22 +0100

Hi,

Thanks for all the responses I recieved to solve my ASDU problem.
The problem was the option in both NT and ASDU. As Robert told me I had to
change the lmhost-file and setup the trust in NT, and when I also set up the

Wins in ASDU, the UNIX domain became visible in NT.

answers from robert_at_gnsconsulting.com.au:

You are very close to getting this right. To use the NT user database a
trust
relation has to be setup such that "Unix trusts NT". The way to do this is
twofold. You need to change something on NT and on Unix.

NT: Open up user manager for domains and go to the policies menu and select
trust relationships. In the trustING domains click add. Then enter the ASDU
domain. You will need to put in the password for the administrator.

Unix: Still in user manager. Go to the file menu and select Select Domain.
Choose the unix domain. Go to policies -> trust relationships again. This
time
in the trustED domains click add. Type in the NT domain name and the
administrator password.

I think I can help you out here too as I experienced the same problem
recently.
You obviously have setup the ASDU domain with a PDC. The name of that PDC
can be
found by typing "net computer" on the unix box. The problem is (I'm
guessing)
due to the fact that the Unix domain doesn't know what the PDC of the NT
domain
is.

To rectify this I had to setup ASDU to use lmhosts files (using asusetup).
Then
in the lmhost file you have to add a line like:
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx NT_PDCname #PRE #DOM:NTdomainname
it also doesn't hurt to include an entry for the PDC of the unix domain.