SUMMARY: ASE problem with aseagent

From: <dave.campbell_at_vf.vodafone.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:50:04 +0000

Some time ago I posted a problem with TruCluster V1.5 and the aseagent
process timing out on startup see below. As I got zip back I can only assume
that either I foxed you all or the message disappeared down a black hole!
Anyway I recently had another problem pop up on this node with a slow ftp
connection. I trawled the archives and came up with an summary posted by
Burch Seymour:

g00044.html

which pointed to a dodgy entry in /etc/resolv.conf. And guess what it also
seemed to cause my ase problem - probably the timeout in trying to resolve a
duff DNS/BIND server causes the problem. Also these boxes are set to lookup
in DNS then local hosts. If it were the other way round I probably would
never have seen this. Anyway it's one to note for future reference!

Regards,
Dave Campbell

Vodafone Ltd.
e-mail : dave.campbell_at_vf.vodafone.co.uk

Quote of the day:
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely ain't the sport for
you.