Preserving and restoring C2 security databases

From: <TIMM_at_cnsvax.albany.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 17:06:37 -0400 (EDT)

I am in a situation where I have to do a clean install of the OS on
the machine which is my NIS server, also running C2 security.
Does anyone have any experience with preserving a protected password
file and putting it back on the system so that everyone
does not lose their passwords?

I know in a pinch I could do convuser -b and make a temporary
nonsecure password file, and then put it back that way, but
I believe this would reset everyone's password in the process.

Also, is there any way to keep my slave server alive during
the process so that people can still log in on the other machines
while the upgrade is happening?

Thanks for your help.

Steve Timm