odd ball security issues on Tru64 Unix 4.0e.

From: H. Blakely Williford <blakew_at_fullerbrush.com>
Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 14:56:43 +0000

Hello Tru64 Managers -

I have an odd ball security issue on my Alpha 2000 system running Tru64
Unix 4.0e.

The only user that can print is the root user. All other users get a
lpd: cannot create /usr/spool/lpd10/.seq
error.

When ever I try to do a 'su' all that comes back is the command line, no
errors, passwords, &c.

It seems like any program that needs the su to root ability isn't
working.

I don't know but I wonder if this is related to my lantronix issue (see
older posts in this list; no reply on that one btw).

Thank you for your time.

--
H. Blakely Williford            | Men never do evil so completely & cheerfully
Systems Programer/Administrator | as when they do it with religious conviction.