TKZ60 or TSZ07 tape drive

From: Jane Zuzek <Jane.Zuzek_at_oberlin.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:01:03 -0400

Hi,

For tax purposes (state and federal government), we will need to acquire
either a TKZ60 (IBM 3480 compatible) or TSZ07 (9-track) tape drive to
connect to our AlphaServer 4000 running Digital Unix 4.0D.

Can anyone offer comments (sucesses/problems) on connecting either of
these drives to a 4000?

And if anyone has used one of these drives to make tapes of records for
tax purposes (W2s), how did you copy the data? I'm sure the people on
the other end can't deal with tar format, for example.

Thanks.

        Jane Zuzek
Jane Kramer Zuzek
Computer Systems Manager, Oberlin College
Jane.Zuzek_at_oberlin.edu
440-775-6929