X-console login disabled...

From: Zhang, Hong <zhangh_at_indiana.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 10:17:39 -0500

Hi, managers,

We have a Alpha Server 2100A, running DU4.e. After upgrade(installation), we
I installed C2 security. After that, I can only telnet to it, but when I try
to logon to the console (X terminal), I was denied. Even root was denied.
But I was able to login via command line. Also, after the C2 security
installed, I could not login through XDMCP (Hummingbird Xserver on PC). The
server still broadcast but when I tried to login, the message said 'THERE IS
NOT ENTRY IN THE DATABASE". I did have xhosts setup on both sides. Any hints
and advises are appreciated.

Thanks.

-Hong

Hong Zhang