UPDATE: Problems with writeback cache on an HSZ40 controller

From: Christopher Knorr <cknorr_at_hops.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 16:16:55 -0500

Thanks to everyone who replied - there were many! Almost everyone suggested
the problem was that licenses weren't loaded. This was a bad thing to be
sure, but I knew from previous experience that failure to load the licenses
would not cause the controllers (specifically the RAID) to not work. In any
case I located the licenses and installed 'em, but the problem remains. I
also tried disabling write-back cache as someone suggested - same problem.
Lastly I tried doing a CLEAR_ERRORS on everything I could (specifically the
INVALID_CACHE errors) to no avail.

In the meantime I have gone ahead and initialized stripe sets successfully
for 'playing around' purposes. Compaq is scheduled to come out to take a
look later this week. Perhaps the batteries are bad. The strange thing for
me is that the SHOW THIS doesn't report ANY status on the batteries, on
either of the HSZ40's. I find this very strange.

Thanks and regards,

Chris