Converting from NT to Tru64

From: Yaron <yaron_at_pbs.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 16:09:31 -0600 (CST)

  Hi,

Well, they're finally letting me reclaim this Alphaserver2000 back into
the UNIX fold. It had NT on it until now.

I can't seem to find anything other than DEC UNIX 4.0c, so I thought I'd
start with that and upgrade when newer CDs unearth themselves. I gor ARC
to boot into the SRM, and booted of the CDROM.

It goes OK for a while and then dies with:

panic (cpu 0): kernel memory fault

DUMP: No primary swap, no explicit dumpdev
          Nowhere to put header, giving up

And then dies.

I've searched the 'net (and this mailing lists archive) and tried all the
solutions I saw listed: I've upgraded the firmware, I've set os_type vms,
but to no avail. My theory was that NT screwed the partition table, but I
figure an OS install should be able to get around that.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

TIA,

-Yaron