[Q] PWS 500au + 4D10T + 4.0D installation

From: Arrigo Triulzi <arrigo_at_albourne.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 21:15:26 +0000 (GMT)

Dear all,

I am about to try to install a Powerstorm 4D10T in my PWS 500au
running DU 4.0D with PK#3 (soon to be PK#5 when I finish downloading
it).

At the moment it is running a vanilla PMAG-B 8-bit colour card and
drives an IBM 9516 LCD monitor (1280x1024 _at_ 60Hz) via mode E (if I
remember correctly, it is the one in the manual which only specifies
the frequency as 60Hz and the screen size as 1280x1024 - nothing
else - and is 100% perfect for LCD monitors).

As I don't have a manual for the 4D10T which is a quick test loan I
would be very grateful if someone could indicate if I am:

a) going to blow my LCD screen to bits (hopefully not, it has a pretty
   wide range of acceptable frequencies but prefers rather strongly
   60Hz if possible),
b) which subset do I need to install to get the right X server (I have
   a "lean" installation so I don't have all the X servers),
c) any configuration tricks (I did find the message about getting
   24-bit colour, thanks),
c) which of the two video ports I should plug the monitor in...
d) any other caveats you wish to help with...

Thanks,

Arrigo

--
Arrigo Triulzi <arrigo_at_albourne.com> - Peripatetic Wizard
Albourne Partners Ltd. - London, UK