SUMMARY: unresolved externals with NAG 17 library calls.

From: Marie-Francoise Thiry <mfdevil_at_ulb.ac.be>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 10:38:17 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

Thanks to Peter.Stern_at_weizmann.ac.il and to Knut.Hellebo_at_nho.hydro.com who
made some suggestions.

We found ourselves a work-around not fully satisfactory:
 1.find these 'unresolved entries' in KAP libraries by adding
      '-threads -lkmp_osf' to the compiler call.
   But, the execution aborts most of the time with 'segmentation fault'
   unless you disable parallelism in CXMLP by setting an environment variable
   PARALLEL=1. This makes the executable much bigger than before.

or
 2. add this to the end of you fortran source and recompile as usually:
      subroutine mppfkd()
      end
      subroutine mppfrk()
      end
      subroutine mptbar()
      end
      subroutine mptecs()
      end
      subroutine mptxcs()
      end
  and also disable parallelism with PARALLEL=1.

Compaq explain to us that the missing routines where previously part
of DXMLP and no longer part of CXMLP 3.6 (new name for obvious reasons)
but they were never officially supported. These routines can now be found in
KAP libraries but // in CMXL and KAP are not compatible.

>Last friday, we upgraded the OS of our GS 140 from Tru64-V4.0E to Tru64-V4.0F.
>We also upgraded the Fortran Compiler from 5.1 to 5.3 and the HPF library
>from 1.5 to 1.7.
>
>Since that, compiling a fortran source including calls to NAG routines is
>aborted in the linking phase :
> aster2.ulb.ac.be_at_mfdevil >f90 -o bin f.f -lnagsmp -ldxmlp
> ld:
> Unresolved:
> mppfkd_
> mppfrk_
> mptbar_
> mptecs_
> mptxcs_
> f90: Severe: Failed while trying to link.
>Same results with the old f77 compiler. We are 100% sure that these calls
>originate from the nag routines.
>
>We were told that these entries were part of KAP fortran but we never
>had the license for this package and it worked 4 days ago.
>
>Any idea to get rid of this problem is welcome.
>Thanks in advance
Marie-Francoise Devillers-Thiry - System .
Brussels Free Universities Computer Center (ULB)- CP 197.
50,Av. F.D. Roosevelt, B-1050 Brussels, BELGIUM.

Email : MF.Devillers_at_ulb.ac.be Tel : ++32 2 6503728 Fax : ++32 2 6503740