Problems relocating services in TRU ASE V 1.6]

From: John Cajas <jcajas_at_mail.andinanet.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 09:31:47 -0500

attached mail follows:

Hi Administrators:

I need your help, I'm having problems in the following configuration:

1.- I have a TRUcluster avalaibility server V 1.6 in 2 DS20, with TRU64
unix V 4.0f with patch kit 2 morever the patch kzpba_v40f_bl13
2.- I have defined 2 ASE services, the first is the mail_ase running in
pichincha node by default, and the second is the fwd_ase (including ftp
service , apache web service and LDAP service) running in tungurahua
node.
3.- The trucluster has 2 shared scsi buses in each of them is installed
a storageworks, and they are in mirror using the LSM.

4.- The mail service include 4 advanced file systems domains:
/ase_mnt/mqueue, /ase_mnt/mspool, /ase_mnt/muser1 and /ase_mnt/muser2.

5.- The fwd_ase service include 3 advanced file systems: /ase_mnt/ftp,
/ase_mnt/ldap and /ase_mnt/web.

I have some problems:
 1.- When i tried to relocate the mail service from pichincha to
tungurahua node (and the asedirector is running in pichincha node)
sometimes the migration finish appearenly ok, but i can't to connect to
the mail service. For example from netscape's messenger appear the
following message:

Netscape error:
Netscape's network connection was refused vy server mail correo.com
The server may not be accepting connection o may be busy.

Then i have to come back the mail service to pichincha node and then the
connection is possible again.

If any administrator wants additional antecedents let me know and then i
will send to you.

Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.

Regards.

John Cajas.