C2 question

From: Joe Ryals <Joe_Ryals_at_csx.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 13:53:23 -0500

Does anyone know if C2 security can disable access to an individual
service such as telnet, rlogin, rsh, ftp, etc for a user without
disabling other services? I am seeing the message "account disabled" in
the auth.log file in /var/adm/syslog.dated/current. The account has the
ablity to use all other tcp/udp services except for this one which is
proftpd ( a replacement for ftpd ). All other user accounts have access
to all services including proftpd. I asked this question before and
summarized that it appeared to be proftp itself causing this problem. I
am not so sure now and I heard from someone in my company that use to
deal with C2 security in the past that C2 could deny access to an
individual service like telnet for a user without denying access to
rlogin for the same user. Anyone who really knows C2 that could
enlighten me as to if this is true and if so how to reenable the service
back to the user.

Joe Ryals