[SUMMERY] useradd does not work

From: Flam, Yoav <Yoav_Flam_at_icomverse.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:18:47 +0200

To temporary fix this problem util Compaq would supply a decent patch, I was
advised to replace /usr/shlib/libaccmgr.so to the one before patch kit2
installation. it works.

original message below

Hello
I encountered a problem with "useradd" on 4.0F with pk2.
When the system is configured to enhanced security level trying to add NIS
users using "useradd" results in an incomplete procedure. The passwd map is
not recompiled, the prpasswd map does not get updated and two temporary
files are left in the /var/yp/src directory (passwd.ptmp, passwd.AM_orig).
The problem only occurs when trying to add NIS users, local users work fine.
Before installing pk2 the problem did not occur.

If anybody else encountered the same problem or has a similarly configured
system (4.0F,PK2, NIS, C2) which does not have this problem, do tell.

Thanks

Yoav Flam
Comverse Network Systems
Tel: +972-3-7655699