SUMMARY SMS and Paging solutions for Tru64

From: Quan, Richard <Richard.Quan_at_compaq.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 18:54:14 +0800

I was looking for a SMS/Paging solution from Tru64 UNIX as part of an
integration to a systems management solution based on CA's CommandIT.

1. PowerCenter
appears to be a complete alternative to CA's Unicenter/TNG suite (for
OpenVMS and CommandIT for Tru64). Part of the suite includes SMS/Paging and
other forms of notification. The specific modules to fit your requirements
would be the MCS, SPM and the ENS Modules. Please review our web site at
www.powercenter.com.

2. QuickPage

Is public domain package that appears to have a port included for Tru64 UNIX
although I found no explicit reference to Tru64 UNIX. It runs on just about
any Unix system. Source code and documentation is available on the
Web at http://www.qpage.org

3. Hylafax

Again public domain. There is explicit support of SNPP and operates on a
client/server basis. (central server as the paging gateway).

4 Systemetrics

Try pagemate by Systemetrics Inc. (www.system.com) I have used them on SGI
and HPUX boxes. You will need a multitech modem dedicated, but their
software is configurable for group pages. .

>> For what I wanted, Systemetrics filled my immediate needs.

Regards,
RICHARD QUAN
COMPAQ PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
564 St Kilda Rd., Melbourne, Australia 3004

Voice: +61.3.9275 3349 Fax: +61.3.9275 3453
Mobile: 0412 556 784
Email: Richard.Quan_at_compaq.com

* the contents of this email and attachments are COMPAQ confidential *