How to obtain temparature readings

From: Lars Bro <lbr_at_nettest.dk>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:41:40 +0100

Hi, Managers.

I have been asked to provide a simple command that can return the
temparature reading of the CPU cabinet.

Do anyone of you know how to read the value of the temparature gauge of eg.:
an AlphaServer 1200. When booting, a temparature reading is shown. And
certainly, the PerformanceManager program seems to be able to do it. But I
can't.

I would have thought, there were a sort of /dev/thermometer with the proper
ioctl(2) calls but I cant find any.

Or I would have thought that getsysinfo(2) or (more appropriate) table(2)
would provide the info. But no.

Anyone got a clue ?

--
What does a     Lars Bro