How can I add a font alias ?

From: Sweatt, Wayne <sweatt_at_dps.state.nm.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 15:44:11 -0700

I am running Oralce Forms Designer and it lets me select fonts from my
list depending on my current font path. Here's the problem...

I am using Forms source files that were built using a boiler-plate font
of "MS Sans Serif" .
This is not a font that is found on UNIX systems, such as Tru64.
The Forms compiler sees the MS font and plugs in a "fixed" font when
I load in the Form into the builder. It then of course compiles with the
wrong font.

How can I find a font that will work and then create an alias with a name of
"MS Sans Serif"
that will be found by my Forms builder ??

The builder should find the font by name and get It's properties and style,
etc. of what I aliased it too, right ?

Please help !
My alternative is to manually change all those "fixed" fonts to something
that fits right on my canvas and
we're talking about hundreds of text blocks.

Thanks,
Wayne Sweatt
Principal Software Analyst
Litton / PRC