lost my floppy

From: Dudley, Ben <Dudley.Ben_at_tci.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 11:27:33 -0700

I have an AlphaStation 200/233 that was running DU40e. I was in the process
of making it dual bootable to Red Hat 6.1. In the process I learned that my
CDROM no longer worked. I very seldom use it if at all but I need it to
install redhat. Anyway, I unnecessarily removed the floppy drive to remove
the defective CDROM drive. The next day I re-installed both to do some more
troubleshooting and now, the green light on the floppy drive remains on all
the time and the drive no longer works. In addition, I can no longer able
to boot DU.

Any ideas on what the problem may be or further steps I can take? The only
thing that I may have accidentally done was plug the fd cord in twisted end
for end. I am stuck at the SRM console.