Mesagl; a good choice?

From: <BAntolovich_at_specialmetals.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:49:15 -0500

Hi,
I'm trying to run an application which uses OPENGL without success. My
machine is a PC-164LX running 4.0D with patchkit5. I am using an
ELSA-GLORIA video card which supposedly supports opengl.
What would the preferred way be able to use OPENGL dependent applications?
I have been told that MESAGL is a good software substitute but have been
unable to successfully compile it using either gcc2.95.1 or the standard
dec cc compiler. Does anyone know if there is the possibility of somehow
unlocking the hardware opengl that suppposedly already exists in the elsa
gloria?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I will be sure to summarize.
Bruce