CPU errors

From: Toby Bluhm <tkb_at_mr.marconimed.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 09:16:49 -0500

Last night I made a couple changes to our web/mail/nis/router server, an
AlphaStation 500/400 w/ 4.0E patch 1, but I have some questions.

Swapped 128 MB memory kit for a 256 MB kit. The kits wouldn't co-exist, system
panic'd w/only 33MB physical memory, or similar verbage.
---Shouldn't they co-exist? Maybe the 2nd set of SIMM slots are defective?

Has 2 PCI (21140 chipset) ethernets installed & routed to those subnets, but I
wanted to remove 1 & switch to 100Mb half duplex so I: set ewb0_mode Fast,
changed NETDEV_0="tu1", NETDEV_1="tu2", tu0 is not assigned an IP in
/etc/rc.config. This is happy so far, plugged into a BayNetworks Switch 28115.
---Is it safe to go to 100Mb full w/ the 21140? I have a 21143 card I could put
in.

 I was done at 7:30PM last night but early morning, the CPU started logging
errors.

Mar 24 03:39:16 hytek vmunix: WARNING: too many Processor corrected errors
detected on cpu 0. Reporting suspended.

uerf shows it started at around 2AM. It's logged more than 100 entries:

--
Toby Bluhm
tkb_at_mr.marconimed.com