SUMMARY: Installing Oracle in a TruCluster environment

From: Masterson, Douglas H <Douglas.Masterson_at_PHL.Boeing.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 07:07:25 -0400

Thanks for all of the responses. I learned that people have done it both
ways: installing all of Oracle on the shared drive(s), and installing the
software on local drives and the database files on the shared drive(s). The
tradeoff is between convenience and speed. Installing everything on the
shared drive(s) is simpler to maintain, but may cause IO bottle necks with
heavy database access. Installing the software on the local drives can help
avoid those IO bottle necks. Since I'm in a small office with few users, I
will be installing everything on the shared drives.

Thanks again to those who responded.

Douglas Masterson
Boeing Service Company
douglas.h.masterson_at_boeing.com