switching tapes on TL-819 jukebox NOT using NSR

From: Van de Perre Jochen \(Kronos\) <"Van>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 10:00:04 +0200

Hi Tru64 guru's,

The "old" production machine here at UCB has a TZ887 jukebox with 5 slots.
If you put a tape offline, it puts the tape in the next slot (if any) online
immediately.
Now we got a new server with a TL-819 jukebox (10 slots). On this one, when
you put a tape offline, it does not put the next tape online. An "mt -f onl"
command will put the same tape (that you just used) online again, and NOT
the tape in the next slot.

Therefor my question; are there unix commands or tools to control the
jukebox i.e. to make it switch to the next slot? I cannot use nsrjb as there
is no Legato Networker installed...

Thanks,

Jochen Van de Perre
System/Oracle administrator