LSM volume rename with ADVFS fileset inside

From: Joe Ryals <Joe_Ryals_at_csx.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 09:36:28 -0400

I tried to rename a LSM volume name from the LSM gui which contains an
ADVFS domain and 3 filesets. When I did this, after a reboot of the
system for something else I noticed that the filesets did not mount
(they are in the fstab file). When I tried a mount -a command I noticed
that it said the the old volume name was not a block device (ie I
changed the opt volume name to opt_domain and after reboot
/dev/vol/rootdg/opt is not a block device). Is there a simple way to
change the volume name and have advfs take the change as well without
creating a new filedomain?

system is an AlphaServer 300 with 4 rz29b drives attached running 4.0f
patch kit 3

Joe Ryals