How do you replace a drive that contains /tmp?

From: George Gallen <ggallen_at_slackinc.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:43:19 -0400

I want to replace the drive that contains my /tmp filesystem and another
filesystem.

What I did prior to other drives was comment out the partitions I wanted to
replace
from /etc/fstab, shutdown the machine, pulled out the old drive, put in the
new one
powered back up, (drives were already formatted and partitioned from
earlier) then
mounted the commented filesystems onto the new partitions, uncommented the
/etc/fstab file and rebooted.

But How can I comment out /tmp and still power up? Should I setup /tmp
as a virtual (memory) partition until the swap is made? Or is there another
way to boot and mount without having /tmp on the system?

Thanks
George

George Gallen
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Accounting/Data Division
ggallen_at_slackinc.com
ph:856.848.1000 Ext 220

SLACK Incorporated - An innovative information, education and management
company
http://www.slackinc.com