Fibre Channel in an AlphaStation 500

From: Mark Jacoby <Mark_Jacoby_at_XIOtech.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 09:42:17 -0500

The first question is: Does this hardware support Fibre Channel?
Next being: Can it be made to work?
I have an AlphaStation 500 running v4.0f with the latest patch cluster and
Console V7.2.
I have both a KGPSA-BC (Emulex LP7000) and a KGPSA-CA (Emulex LP8000) that I
have been working with. When either card is installed Tru64 will not finish
booting claiming that it cannot mount /usr.
At the console prompt I have tried running wwidmgr and the command is not
found.
My suspicion is that Fibre Channel is only supported on servers and is not
in the AlphaStation firmware.
Could I safely load server firmware from some AlphaServer? Which might be
compatible, since there isn't a AlphaServer 500?
Any leads or suggestions would be appreciated.
Please reply to markj_at_xiotech.com <mailto:markj_at_xiotech.com> and I will
summarize.

Mark Jacoby
XIOtech Corp.