AlphaBios to SRM Change

From: J Bacher <jb_at_jbacher.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:03:26 -0500 (CDT)

I have an LX164 with Windows NT that needs to be converted to SRM for
Tru64 5.0.

I do not have the dual console option in CMOS to specify NT or
UNIX. Picking the AlphaBios upgrade option using a diskette with
fwupdate.exe results in an update error -- looking for nt_fw.

I have the Tru64 Operating System CD, a diskette with 5.3 firmware
"lx164srm.rom", the 5.7 firmware upgrade "fwupdate.exe" and
"lx164_v5_7.exe" firmware update.

I am neither AlphaBios nor NT literate.

What are the procedures from changing the AlphaBios console to SRM?

Thanks in advance.