SUMMARY:(ASDU) Can't change passwort for NT-user

From: Norbert Kasperczyk-Borgmann <nkb_at_informatik.fh-hamburg.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 10:55:23 +0200

Hi managers,
this is no real Summary because the Problem
still exists.
I wrote (on 12 Jul 2000):
------------
> I've installed ASDU V4.1 and after that V4.1ECO1.
> With this versions changing the password for the
> NT-users does'nt work. In the older Version (V4.0A)
> and older I can change (as root) the password
> for an NT-User with the following command:
> net user smith hello12
>
> After that the passwort for user 'smith' is changed
> to 'hello12'. With the new versions (see above)
> the passwort for NT-User 'smith' is still the old one.
>
> Is there someone out who knows a good work around?
> Much better would be if there is a chance to fix the
> bug (someone from Compaq?) or one can open a call
> for this Problem (I've no support for this).
-------------
Seems that not so much manager works with the
Associated Produkt 'asdu'.
I've got 1 (in words: one) answer to my question.

So my thanks goes to Joe Fletcher (joe_at_meng.ucl.ac.uk).
He wrote:
> I've seen the same problem. While it's a bit of a gross solution the
PC
> based user manager will do what you want. Not sure what mechanism it
uses
> compared with the net command but it does work.
I'll send an additional Summary if I get new information.
Many thanks again.

yours sincerely
Norbert
--
Norbert Kasperczyk-Borgmann
University of Applied Sciences - Fachhochschule Hamburg