dupatch (fwd)

From: <Peter.Stern_at_weizmann.ac.il>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 09:43:19 +0300 (IDT)

Thanks for all the replies. But the correct answer came from
Kevin Partin who wrote:

I had the same problem yesterday. From Compaq

 As a workaround try this:

There is an environment variable that needs to be set to 1 to force your
/usr/local/patch_kit/dupatch to load the new patch tools if you are
having problems.
To set the variable for ksh #export UPDATE_DUPATCH=1
Then rerun /usr/local/patch_kit/dupatch and the screen will display that
the new patch tools are being loaded.
When finished unset the variable or set it to 0 which is default.

This worked fine. My The only comment is that it was necessary to
unset this variable after the first time because setting it to 0
resulted in the same behavior as setting it to 1, i.e. the new patch
tools were loaded again.

Peter Stern

Original message below.