Terminal Server Question

From: <UnixHead1_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:25:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Admins,
It's been quite a long time since i've done anything with a terminal server,
but we have a customer with an urgent need and I am hoping someone can help
me...

With any of the new terminal servers like the model 700 or 900. If I were to
connect the console port from an alphaserver, say a GS140, to one of the
serial lines on the terminal server. Can multiple people have access to that
port? Or in other words, can multiple people interact with that port and
hence the console port of the Alpha? If so, how would they do it? Do you
'telnet' to the port directly? Do you 'telnet' to the terminal server, and
then connect to the port?

Thanks in advanced..!
John