SUMMARY: Problems printing to HP ColorJet 5 in Tru64

From: Salvatore J. Guercio <sjg_at_ComptekAmherst.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 13:44:59 -0400

Thank you for everyones help!!!!

The original problem was:

I am able to print fine to this printer when I use 8.5 x 11 inch paper.
When I switch to size A4 paper I get an error message on the printer.
The error message is as follows:

11.1 FRONT TRAY LOAD

According to some information from HP, the error means:

"Printer received a request for a media size that is to currently loaded

in the front input tray, or the front input tray is empty. Transparency
(TRN) is only displayed when
the Postscript personality is selected. Load the correct media size in
the front input tray or install a tray with the correct media size."

I can print to this printer fine from a PC running Windows 98.

I just us lpr -Pcolor_laser to print. Am I supposed to be specifying a
paper size with lpr??

SOLUTION:

I added a -Sa4 to the printfilter and changed the pw to 0 instead of 80.
Here is my printcap file:

text_print|lp:\
        :af=/usr/adm/lpacct:\
        :if=/usr/lbin/hplaserof -Sa4:\