SAN's Truc Cluster, and Heterogeneous environments

From: Loucks, Guy <Guy.Loucks_at_det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 15:21:14 +1000

People,

We are about to commission 5 or so SAN's, several SAN SWITCHES, numerous
HSG80's,...

However the documentation of Tru64 appears to be scarce at best. The
following web site has been partially useful:

http://www.compaq.com/products/storageworks/raidstorage/RA8kESA12ktechdoc.ht
ml

However I am looking for a document like:

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/supportinformation/techpubs/installation_guides/387
401-001.pdf

Which is available for every O/S, even Linux but not Tru-64!!!!! Grumble,
grumble,.... (Note I know some of the links are old, I have not updated them
yet.)

I am interested in anyone's experience with Heterogeneous Configuration, NT,
OpenVMS, Tru64, Solaris using SAN SWITCH and HUB topology.

Does TruCluster5 support SCSI 3? Tru64 5 Support SCSI 3? Configuration
restrictions, a lot of the documentation I have here (which is changing on a
monthly basis) is contradicting itself.

Thanks in advance, I will summarise.

Guy

Guy R. Loucks