From: Kevin Jones <Kevin.Jones_at_compelsolve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 12:05:54 +0100

My original question :

> Hello Again Managers
>
> Does anyone know if Oracle Parallel Server has been qualified to run in a
> V5.0A Trucluster ?
>
> If so what version of Oracle is required, are any patches required, either
> Oracle or operating system.
>
> If anyone has it working, how are you finding it ?
>
> Regards
>
> Kevin Jones
> email : mailto:kevin.jones_at_compelsolve.co.uk
----------------------------

Well it would appear from the low number of responses (one - thanks Corinne
from Compaq) that not many people are currently running OPS under V5.0A.

Corinne pointed out that she has 8.1.6 running on a TCR 5.0A and that Patch
kit 1 is required, the next day patch kit 1 became publicly available -
spooky !!!

One of my colleagues found the following on the Oracle metalink site :

Certify - Additional Info Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition ver: 8.1.6 (8i)
64bit On Compaq Tru64 UNIX (Digital Unix)
Operating System: Compaq Tru64 UNIX (Digital Unix) Version:5.0a
Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition Version: 8.1.6 (8i) 64bit
N/A Version: N/A
Product Version Note:
None available for this product.
Certification Note:
* OPS is supported on O/S 5.0a for 8.1.6 with mandatory patch listed in
"Issues".
Existing patch sets:
     8.1.6.1.1,
     8.1.6.2 planned

Certify - Detailed Issue Information
Operating System: Compaq Tru64 UNIX (Digital Unix) Version:5.0a
Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition Version: 8.1.6 (8i) 64bit N/A Version:
N/A
N/A Version: N/A
Issue Number: 221335
* For Oracle Parallel Server (OPS), Customers should call Compaq Support
and ask for patch 80469. This will not be available via the Compaq Support
web site. This patch will be included in the 5.0a patchkit 1 which is
scheduled to ship in early August.

Regards

Kevin Jones
Standard Email disclaimer follows for legal reasons....

The information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended for the
addressee only. Copying or use by anybody else is not authorised. Its
content does not necessarily represent the opinion of Hamilton Rentals
PLC (part of the Compel Group) or any of its affiliates. If you are not
the intended recipient, please advise the sender by return e-mail.

This email was scanned for over 40,000 known viruses by
kerberos.hamilton.co.uk. It was deemed clean for transmission.