Installing a 3X-DE600-AA ethernet card into an AlphaStation 500/3 33

From: MacDonell, Dennis <DennisMacDonell_at_auslig.gov.au>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 18:27:16 +1100

Hi,

I just bought a number of these 3X-DE600-AA ethernet 10/100Mbps cards. I was
hoping to upgrade all the workstations that were still running with 10Mbps
cards. I installed the card and upgraded the firmware to 5.7, but at the
console prom I can only see the original 10Mbps NIC (no sign of a eia0
device). The installation notes only mention limitations on firmware (ie
version 5.5) and the fact that the appropriate driver did not come by
default until version 4.0F (the workstation is currently sitting at 4.0E).
So does anyone know of a hardware limitation. Should I just try all the
possibl PCI slots before I start whinging to the supplier.

Dennis

Dennis Macdonell
Systems Administrator
AUSLIG