audio problems on a 255/233

From: Louis F. Rossi <Louis_Rossi_at_uml.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 11:16:42 -0400

Hi all,

  I have a problem with my audio devices on my alphastation 255/233. I
recently upgraded from 4.0D to 4.0G. In view of the recent posting on
update paths, I wonder if this was not a mistake. Anyway, the upgrade
went fine except my audio devices are gone. The multimedia server
complains that it cannot find any wave devices. My system has the
microsoft sound board.

  I recall that there is some command from the SRM console to set up the
audio devices. During the upgrade, there were some difficulties
upgrading my firmware. They were remedied, but I wonder if I must do
something to reestablish my wave devices. Any advice would be helpful.

  Thanks,
    Lou

--
"What is essential is invisible to the eye."  - St. Exupery