Cannot boot from spare system disk

From: Wakeman, Lindsay <Lindsay.Wakeman_at_bl.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 17:15:16 +0100

  Hi Guys

  I have created a spare system disk by copying the live system disk
disklabel to the
new disk (same disk type by the way), making the appropriate spare advfs
domains, filesets and mountpoints, mounting them and vrestoring each from my
last level 0 vdump tape.

All seems fine, I can mount them all on the temporary mountpoints and see
all the
contents as they should be.

 However, if I then swap the spare disk into the system disk slot and try
and boot,
it boots vmunix OK, mounts the root partition, but then fails to mount the
/usr and
/var partitions with a message along the lines of' no such domain,
filesystem or fileset'
-Sorry I forgot to take a pen to the machine room to write it down verbatim
:-|
It then hangs.

By my reckoning, the copied /etc/fstab should work fine as the partitioning
and disk type are identical. Can anyone shed any light on what may be wrong
please? I'm sure it must be something simple/obvious but can't spot it..

  TIA

  Lindsay

Lindsay Wakeman
UNIX Systems Manager, Systems Delivery London
The British Library
lindsay.wakeman_at_bl.uk
+44 207 412 7090