IBM X station

From: Oyanarte Portilho <portilho_at_helium.fis.unb.br>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 16:19:07 -0300 (EST)

Hi Gurus,

As stated in my former message, we have moved our systems from DU 3.2 to
True64-Unix 5.0A (enhanced security) recently. An extra problem we have now
is that an IBM X station, model 130, does not start CDE in order to allow
logins to a DEC 6000-300 box any more. The sand glass appears in the screen
but something is blocking the process (missing fonts?), so that the sand
glass keeps coming and going periodically. The X station boots from another
workstation (IBM Risc 6000), apparently with no problem. I have played with
the booting parameters in the Risc but to no avail. Any ideas?

TIA,

        Oyanarte Portilho
        Institute of Physics
        University of Brasilia, Brazil