ASDU & NT domain trusts

From: colin bauckham <colin.bauckham_at_jewson.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 11:05:28 +0100

Unix 4.0F PK 2
Alpha 2000
ASDU 4.0A

We are having a problem with our ASDU server being trusted by another NT 4
domain.

Set-up. We have 3 NT servers on site a and 1 ASDU server all in the same
domain, connections from users logged into this domain are fine. We have
now added another domain with the PDC on site b and a BDC for this on site a
and set the 2 domains to trust each other. Any users on this 2nd domain can
access resource on all servers in the first domain except the ASDU server.

Investigation so far has shown the following:-

NT Event log for ASDU server:-

Event id : 5701

The Netlogon service failed to update the domain trust list. The following
error occurred:
Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Event id : 6310

 Warning: Out-dated license issued. Please upgrade.

Checked licences from UNIX on ASDU server, seem OK

>From the PDC we try to start the "Net Logon service" on the ASDU server and
get the error:-

Could not start the Net Logon service on \\ASDUserver
Error 2140: An internal NT error occurred.

Sorry if this is all a bit vague but any ideas where to investigate next
would be helpful?

Regards

Colin Bauckham
Jewson IT
email: colin.bauckham_at_jewson.co.uk

...Follow me... I'm lost

Any opinions expressed in this E-mail may be those of the individual and
not necessarily the company. This E-mail and any files transmitted with
it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this E-mail in error and that any use or copying is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this E-mail in error please notify the Meyer
plc Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 870 514 3115.

http://www.meyer.co.uk

This footnote also confirms that this E-mail message has been swept by our
mail system for the presence of computer viruses.