tcp client problems on tru64

From: Burt, Andrew D. <aburt_at_CLACKAMAS.ds.adp.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 07:10:43 -0700

Hi - this may not be a Tru64-specific issue, but it is part of an
application I'm running exclusively on a number of Tru64 machines. This is
a code segment that worked fine yesterday, but today is getting garbage back
from the server. The server, on reception of the test string, responds with
a 16 byte string ("OK" followed by 14 spaces). This continues to work fine
when fed via a telnet session to the port, but when this program is run, as
of this morning, it returns garbage. Is there something obvious in the
coding here that would screw something up? The only suggestions I've gotten
are that I must be conflicting with something else on the stack. Again, if
this is not the appropriate forum, I apologize.

Andrew David Burt
(503)654-6300 x5482