putting filesystem in ADVFS destroyed data, no warning

From: <jreed_at_wukon.appliedtheory.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 09:39:33 -0400

I learned today that if you put a filesystem with data on it
into ADVFS the data is destroyed. Ick. This is under DU4.0F,
with most recent patch kit. I talked to Compaq support, and
they said that when I did the "mkfdmn" I should have received
a warning before the domain was created. I received no warning
whatsoever. As a matter of fact I was pleased to see that all
went so well, with no problems, till I did a "df" and discovered
what had happened. This would appear to be a bug. Has anyone
else seen such behavior? The underlying filesystem was an
LSM mirror.

TIA...

--
Judith Reed