Tcl8.3.2 on V5.0a

From: Steve Smith <steve.smith_at_Commerzbank.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 13:37:58 +0100

Tru64er's,

I downloaded Tcl 8.3.2, compiled it and got a few datatype warnings, ignored
these, and then ran the test suite and got failures on a few categories -
most worryingly in io.test, usually with one of these two errors:

        "error setting blocking mode: inappropriate device for ioctl"

        or - "couldn't open socket: address already in use"

I'm on 5.0a, no patches, and the standard T64 C compiler.

Has anyone out there built Tcl 8.3.2 or similar on V5, and if so is there an
easy way to get this working? ie. a build option or something. Or do I have
to do get down and start hacking around in the code?

Steve.Smith_at_commerzbank.co.uk

  This communication is confidential and is intended only for the person to
  whom it is addressed. If you are not that person you are not permitted to
  make use of the information and you are requested to notify
  mailadmin_at_commerzbank.co.uk immediately that you have received it and then
  to destroy the copy in your possession.
  Commerzbank AG is regulated by the SFA for the conduct of investment
  business in the UK.