URGENT..SYSTEM CANNOT FIND DISCS

From: Jane Caldwell-Myers <JANE_at_nickel.laurentian.ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 19:53:52 -0400

Help

   I needed to change partititions on a new machine and them restore from an old machine. (Old machine Alpha 2100...New machine ES40)
   I installed the OS to change the partition sizes. At the end of the installation process the screen locked up. Now the system does not think there are any disks. I have booted from the CD-ROM but when the X-Server window comes up it states the system does not have any disks therefore I cannot do anything.

  hwmgr -view devices does not show any hard disks.

  I need help fast
  Thank you

  Jane Caldwell-Myers