From: Robert Mulley <robert_at_gnsconsulting.com.au>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 10:15:28 +0100

Thanks go to
Dr Thomas P Blinn
Nikola Milutinovic
James Sainsbury
for replying.

Each basically said, that it sounds like a strange thing to do. Thomas
told me that it is essentially outside the bounds of setld. I found
though, that it is possible to do. You just have to do it on a machine
that doesn't have hardware problems. Also you have to do some nice
.scp's and .mi editing.

Robert Mulley.

----- Original Question ----

Here's a question or two for those with setld kit building knowledge.

We currently produce a software package using setld for install. It can
be over 800 meg and is produced as one subset. What I am attempting to
do is to break it into lots of subsets. This would make it easier for
install and patching. The nature of the package is such that some files
will need to be in two subsets. I am trying to do this in the master
inventory file such as:
0 /usr/users/me/run_me PKGBASE111
0 /usr/users/me/run_me PKGOPTION111

I have read the "Guide to Preparing Product Kits" which states that the
MI contains one entry for each file in the kit. Is what I am doing
"legal"? I somehow don't think it is because everytime I try to install
PKGBASE111 it crashes the machine with the panic message "Processor
Machine Check". It is of course possible that the two events just
co-incide but I can make it happen everytime.

If anyone can help but need more information then please email me. Or if

you know of a better way to do this then let me know.

Robert Mulley.