SUMMARY:mounting advfs

From: Hisham Al Saad <ahisham_at_batelco.com.bh>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 08:41:37 +0300

Thanks to you all for the responses.

Actually the answer I was looking for came from Yousef Nour, his
description let me review my steps.

The necessary steps you need to carry are as follows:

1. Create the file domain on the disk:
# mkfdmn /dev/re1c data_domain
2. Create the file set:
# mkfset data_domain web
3. Mount the file domain:
# mount -t advfs data_domain#web /home/fs1
4. Keep that entry in /etc/fstab file as it is for data_domain in order
   to be mounted when you restart the system.

My original question :

I'm trying to mount an Advfs partition on a RAID 5 partition (12GB) . The
system is Alpha 4100 Tru64 4.0E.
The system disks are :
Disk (1) rre0 === 4GB RAID 0 should mount
1- root_domain#root /
2- usr_domain#usr /usr
Both partitions are mounted correctly

Disk (2) rre1 ==== 12GB RAID 5 should mount
1- data_domain#web /home/fs1
Does not mount correctly

My fstab file looks like this :
root_domain#root / advfs rw 0 0
/proc /proc procfs rw 0 0
usr_domain#usr /usr advfs rw 0 0
/dev/re0b swap1 ufs sw 0 2
data_domain#web /home/fs1 advfs rw 0 2

Mount command gives :
# mount
root_domain#root on / type advfs (rw)
/proc on /proc type procfs (rw)
usr_domain#usr on /usr type advfs (rw)

it does not show (data_domain#web /home/fs1 advfs rw 0 2) partition

Would someone please explain the steps involved in creating an Advfs
partition on RAID 5 so that I compare with the steps I carried out to have
this partition (data_domain#web /home/fs1 advfs rw 0 2) activated on
the system? Did I miss something ?

I appreciate any help,

Hisham Al Saad
Bahrain Telecommunications Company