PARTIAL SUMMARY: Makemap crashes on Tru64 UNIX 4.0F

From: Nikola Milutinovic <Nikola.Milutinovic_at_ev.co.yu>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 10:09:35 +0100

Hi all.

I think I have located the problem or at least I've narrowed it down.
Tru64 comes with Berkeley DB 1.85, which is needed for (among other
things) SIA (Enhanced security). I have installed DB 3.1.

I was trying to setup SASL to handle both SIA and SASL-DB and I have
both libdb.so and libdb-3.1.so in libsasl.so. Same goes for
/usr/sbin/makemap, although makemap has nothing to do with SASL.

The reason for libdb.so being in makemap is a silly one - snprintf. It
appears that snprintf is located in libdb.so. Both SASL and Sendmail
have their own versions of snprintf (for security reasons), it conflicts
with the one in libdb.so.

If I want SIA in SASL, I have to put "-ldb -lsecurity -lm -laud" as a
linker line. If I want SASL-DB I have to have "-ldb-3" and "snprintf"
elegantly waltzes in to make the soup thicker.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem? It is more of the
organization than compiler options, I think.

Nix.
--
No flames, send money instead.