IP Address help

From: <SuperZMan1_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 11:03:31 -0500 (EST)

Hi Admins,
We have a customer who would like to use an ip address of xxx.xxx.255.xxx for
a Tru64 host. Tru64 will not allow this complaining that you can only go so
far as using 254 as the maximum network number. Our customer has told us that
cisco, as well as other hardware type vendors support using 255 within the
hardware infrastructure. Can anyone help me on this one? Please excuse my
lack of basic subnetting knowledge. Also, they are using a mask of
255.255.240.0 if that helps.
Thanks,
John