Clarification on IP Rerouting Issue

From: Brewer, Lee \(IndSys, GEFanuc, NA\) <"Brewer,>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 14:07:46 -0500

Admins,

I have gotten several answers that are confused to the real problem I'm
having...(I know its my explanation) let me write more on this subject.

  As I have it from SAP.... SAP is a client-server application. My end
users are using a program called SAPGUI on thier windows NT computers
(client side). They logon by choosing a valid logon group...(this point to
the central instance, application server)...The central instance contains a
service that directs the SAPGUI to the right IP address for logging on. The
service on the central instance picks up the valid IP address from the
application servers when it starts, through ARP...so if a box that calls
itself HOSTA a.b.c.d then the central instance will pass this on...now all
of the applications servers talk to each other on the FDDI...this is done in
the host file, but they list themselves as thier ethernet address in thier
own host files....now this is fine expect for the central instance
application server. It sees all of the other application servers as
ethernet. SAP told me no problem just set up static routes that will route
the ethernet to the FDDI...Any Ideas????