DEGPA performance issues - part 2

From: Lyndon Handy <l_handy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 22:23:24 -0500

TRU64 Managers:

I just wanted to add my comments to Pat's request, as my team is observing
similar "lack of scalability" with our DEGPA's versus fd 100baseT
connections. We are using 3Com 3900 and 9300 switches in our Gigabit
ethernet backbone, and all GS AlphaServers and AlphaServer 4100's, ES40,
etc. are connected to the backbone using DEGPA's.

I would expect a "tuning guide" to ensure the network I/O subsystem is
properly tuned? Is there such a guideline document? My Unix Admin has been
looking for one.

LKH
l_handy_at_hotmail.com