SCSI Timeouts

From: <Bartlett_Anthony_at_emc.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 17:36:08 -0500

Hi,

 I am experiencing scsi timeouts (cam errors) on booting a second node (AS
4100s) in a TRU64 cluster (Versions 1.6 and 4.0F) . The scsi connections
are looped using Y-cables and are connecetd to a storage array. Both nodes
boot on their own and can see disks, but when the second node is booted
there are timeouts. Both nodes have multipathing software installed which
works on several other systems ( GS 140s E 40s) with identical
configurations.

Both nodes can see disks with a show dev from the >>> prompt, but when one
node is up the second can no longer see the disks. Has anyone seen this
problem and offer any ideas? The live node obviously has grabbed the disks
but not knowing the ins and outs of TRU64 cluster ('fraid I'm a Solaris
person- no abuse please!!) I'm not sure if this is down to the hardware or
software.

Kind Rgds
Anthony