SUMMARY: Password Lifetimes DU4F & C2

From: Rabjohns, David <David.Rabjohns_at_logistics.nhs.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 16:03:04 +0000

Thanks to all who responded

How do I enforce a password lifetime of (n days) for all
current users and subsequent users ?

This response from Larye D.Parkins did it for me..

/etc/auth/system/default:
 :d_pw_expire_warning#xxxxx:\
where xxxxx is the warning time before expiration

existing accounts: use usermod to add -x u_exp=#xxxxx
where xxxxx is the password lifetime following a change. Or, use u_life to
set
the absolute password lifetime.

new accounts: add the u_exp line to the default database so they will be
created with an expiration time

(you must be running with Enhanced Security to use the password aging).

This e-mail and any attachments hereto are:

- strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, you must not disclose, forward, copy or take any action in reliance on this e-mail or attachments. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify NHS Logistics sender as soon as possible.

- not intended to create contractual relations or legal obligations binding on NHS Logistics and no action may be taken in reliance on this e-mail and any attachments hereto unless the contents are confirmed by letter.

Addressees should check all attachments for viruses. NHS Logistics makes no representations as regards the absence of viruses in attachments to this e-mail.