SUMMARY: Installing 5.1 on a Third Party Alpha

From: <BrianH_at_dice.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 16:48:16 -0600

Thanks to:
John J. Francini [francini_at_zk3.dec.com]

After a little discovery, it turns out that Linux was on the drive before
Tru64. Linux writes is master boot record to block 0 of the drive. Tru64
needs to write dsk0a to that block so they were conflicting. I reformatted
the drive under DOS and did and fdisk /mbr and now am installing 5.1 just
fine.

Thanks
--Brian